I hope you ladies like wine... because wine is the IN color of the fall season! I'm thrilled that color blocking will continue into the Fall, and we will still see colored jeans. My must colored bottom this season will be a burgundy/wine-colored jean. In fact, you can play with all shades of wine, mixing them together, and use them as a neutral.
Here, I used the wine color on the bottom, pairing it with a mustard yellow pullover sweater, tied in the colors with a scarf, and kept the shoes and accessories neutral.
(clockwise from left)
1. Pink Rose pullover sweater, Loehmanns.com, $19.99
2. Michael Stars Winter Woods scarf, Piperlime.com, $42.00
3. Ann Taylor Loft zoe straight leg pants in deep cabernet, Loft.com, $69.50
4. Gap suade loafer in tree trunk, Gap.com, $39.95
5. Alexis Bittar bangle, for locations visit LynEvans.com, on sale for $79.99
Yes, you can always mix burgundy with cream or black, but how safe and boring! If you aren't sure how to use burgendy as a neutral let this be a guide - Mix it with pink, deep green, mustard yellow or gold, or even a light blue works. Have fun this season with these cabarnet colors - drink it up!